Cub Scout Pack 85
Cost of Cub Scouting
This Pack spends, on average, a little over $350 per Scout who is enrolled per scouting year.
Below are just some of the items that we have to plan for throughout the year for each scout Scout:
- *BSA National Registration Fee - $80.00 (Already enrolled scouts from January 1st to December 31st) (for brand new Scouts, 12 months from month of enrollment. The following calendar years dues are submitted by Dec 1st for Unit Recharter until July 2024)
- *BSA National Registration Fee for registered leaders(adults). - $75.00
- *New-Member Joining Fee - $25.00 (one time for youth registrations only)
- Rank Neckerchief & Slide for each returning Scout - $18.00
- Materials for the den - $20.00 (supplies for activities, advancement charts, pack events, etc.)
Awards for the kids throughout the year - $15.00
- Earned belt loops or pins for each Scout - $20.00
- Monthly pack meeting activities and crafts - $25.00 Siblings are included in Pack meetings and can also participate in activities & crafts
- **Blue and Gold Banquet - $20.00/ea (Scouts paid for through Pack Dues/Popcorn Sales; parents, siblings & guests pay when RSVP-ing)
Pinewood Derby Car - $7.00
- Pinewood Derby snacks/trophies for Scouts - $10.00 (usually donut and cider donation by Blakes)
- **Pack Family Camps - $15.00 each family member (Scouts paid for through pack dues/Popcorn Sales; guardians and siblings fees are to cover additional material and food costs). Siblings can also participate in camp activities.
**due to COVID-19, certain activities may be postponed or cancelled upon regional, state, or local guidance.
Registration fees are due no later than the November Pack Meeting for returning Scouts, or arrangements for a payment plan / financial assistance made.
Popcorn Fundraiser~ Pack 85 operates mainly on proceeds from the yearly BSA popcorn fundraiser. Popcorn goal is for the equivalent of each Scout to sell $700 worth of popcorn. ***As of the 2023-2024 year, Pack 85 is not doing in person popcorn sales. It will still be offered through each registered Scout's individual Trails End link.***
If anyone needs financial assistance anytime throughout the year, please let us know!